🛠 Fixes a bug where the processed lines were not actually being delimited with newlines on output.
Recent changes have greatly reduced the allocations used by the library when padding each field of the flat data input.
- ✂ Removes an unused interface and commentary referencing it.
- ✂ Removes some extraneous logic when defaults were already defined.
- Some slight renaming and unexporting of underlying reader/writer which didn't need to be exported.
It's been 2 years. Going with a
- ➕ Add a
PaddingOptsin order to choose the amount of whitespace around the separator.
- Create the
-pflag to the CLI for this padding option
- ➕ Add a
Provides a new flag,
-iwhich allows the user to specify the justification for particular columns.
- 1 or more columns can have such an override specified
-iflag is NOT required
0️⃣ Example (default justification of
leftwith column overrides for field 1 and 4):
cat file.csv | align -i 1:right,4:center
- 📚 Minor updates to documentation
- align text by a specified delimiter / separator
- specify a different output delimiter
- 0️⃣ specify an input file or pipe to
- 0️⃣ specify an output file or write to
- filter the fields outputted by column number
- left, center, or right justification
- escape the delimiter in a text field with a text qualifier option