Caddy v2.0.0-beta8 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-10-29 // 4 months ago
🚀 Caddy 2.0 beta 8 is the next pre-release in the development cycle of Caddy 2 and is the best update yet! Some highlights:
- 📚 Logging! Caddy 2 has an exceptionally powerful, flexible, and high-performing log. Read the docs about logging.
- Rewrite handler can now quickly strip path prefix or suffix conveniently, and issue HTTP redirects
- Significant improvements to TLS certificate management, especially at large scale. Give Caddy 2 a million domains and it will gradually obtain certificates for them with built-in rate limiting and retries over the course of days or weeks.
- CI improvements, including continuous fuzzing.
- 🔧 HTTP cache can be configured to work in a group/cluster setting.
- 🚑 Several bug fixes, including a hotfix for silly bug in beta 7 (d'oh! 🤦♂️)
🚀 Please remember that Caddy 2 beta releases are not yet feature-complete as development is ongoing, nor are they stable; there are likely to be some breaking changes between tags. We hope you will find ways to use Caddy 2 beta in production and report any issues you find!
Thank you to all of you who have reported bugs or requested features so far. We continue to make good progress.
👀 To learn how to get started, see the README on the v2 branch.
This is a community effort, so please report bugs, join the discussion, and submit pull requests to be a part of the team!
- 👍 Community forum to ask questions, get community support, and lend your help
- Issue tracker for bug reports and dev discussion