cmdr alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Standard CLI" category.
Alternatively, view cmdr alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
9.9 9.1 cmdr VS urfave/cliA simple, fast, and fun package for building command line apps in Go
9.1 9.5 cmdr VS elvishElvish = Expressive Programming Language + Versatile Interactive Shell
Do you think we are missing an alternative of cmdr or a related project?
cmdr is a POSIX-compliant, command-line UI (CLI) library in Golang.
It is a getopt-like parser of command-line options,
be compatible with the getopt_long
command line UI, which is an extension of the syntax recommended by POSIX.
We made many enhancements beyond the standard library
There is a fully-functional
Options Store (configurations) for your
hierarchical configuration dataset too.
<!-- built by https://ezgif.com/ -->
See the image frames at #1.
See our extras:
- cmdr-docs: documentations (Working)
- cmdr-addons: a new daemon plugin
- cmdr-examples: collects the samples for cmdr
- cmdr-go-starter: public template repo to new your cli app
and Bonus of #cmdr Series:
- english documentation NOT completed yet
- documentation at: https://hedzr.github.io/cmdr-docs/
- fix: unknown switch char not an error now
- imp: refined gen zsh code, and gen shell codes
- fea: support fish-shell completion generating now
- fea: added root.
RunAsSubCommand, treat 'app' as a synonym of 'app subcmd1 subcmd2'
- imp/fix/fea: clarify the slice append or replace mode - SetNx &
SetNxOverwritefor Option Store
- fea: added
VendorHiddenfield for when you wanna a never shown flag or command
- fea: conf package - add
SerialStringfor CI tool
- imp: erase man1 folder after
- fix/imp: prints description with color escaped, when multiline
- fix: restore Match() but with new name MatchAndTest()
- fix: high-order fn hold the older copy, so pass it by holding a pointer to original variable
- imp: review most of the tests
- NOTE: cleanup the deprecated codes [
- fea: more completion supports
- temporary build for earlier testing
- confirmed: backward compatible with go1.12
- fix/imp: adapt windir to *nix name to fit for generic config file loading
- fea/imp: improved Aliases algor, support more tmpl var substitute
- fix: fallback the unknown type as string type
- fea: add flag to control whether write the changes back to alternative config file or not,
- imp: name/desc fields of builtin commands and flags
- CHANGE: use bgo build-tool now, Makefile thrown
- fix: setNx bug at last commit
- fix: send 1.10.10 failure
- fix: setNx with slices merging
- fix: aliases might be added to multiple groups
- fea: secondary config file locations
- fix/fea/imp: make cmdr aliases subsystem better
- fix: generate shell may be lost buffered contents on writing to file
- fix: internal commands and flags has wrong group declarations since last refactored.
- fix: logex might crash on a nil skip field
- last release failed because some deps cannot committed due to weak network
- move to go1.17 to get a split declaration
- fix: added the forgotten long-desc field
- fix: transfer proper log-level to hedzr/log if in debug/trace mode
- fix/imp: log.ForDir, ForFile
- fix: log.LeftPad
- fea: added InvokeCommand to run a sub-command from somewhere
- fix: toggle-group key not sync while set via envvar
- imp: speed up by extracting a re compiling code
- imp: upgrade deps with more enh-helpers from hedzr/log
- imp: yaml indent size
- imp: StripOrderPrefix
- imp/fix: sync debug/trace mode back to hedzr/log
- fix: options after tail args (positional args) might be ignored
- fix: ResetOptions not clean up internal hierarchy-list
- fea: added
Checkpointson Option Store
you may save and restore multiple checkpoints for cmdr Option Store, so that some temporary changes can be made.
--mancrashes if manpages not installed - the responding manpage will be generated temporarily and instantly now
GitSummaryfield into conf package
- imp: speed up by reduce get worker
- centralize rxxtOptions to store()
- flatten backtrace(Flg|Cmd)Names, added dottedPathToCommand
- NOTE: the phrase wrapped by backtick(```
field will be extracted asDefaultValuePlaceholder` field automatically, so beware this feature.
-vmore than once) will print the hidden commands & flags in help screen NOW.
To take a sight of running
fluent generate --help --verbose -verbose.
More details at [CHANGELOG](./CHANGELOG)
Old README.md: [README.old.md](old/README.old.md)
With go-modules enabled:
About the Docker build
Here is a docker build for cmdr/examples/fluent so that you can run it without go building or downloading the release files:
# from Docker Hub: $ docker run -it --rm hedzr/cmdr-fluent $ docker run -it --rm hedzr/cmdr-fluent --help # from Github Packages (please following the guide of GitHub Packages Site): $ docker run -it --rm docker.pkg.github.com/hedzr/cmdr/cmdr-fluent $ docker run -it --rm docker.pkg.github.com/hedzr/cmdr/cmdr-fluent --help
simple codes with structured data style.
normal demo with external config files.
partial-covered for GNU
demostrates how to define your command-ui with the fluent api style.
a demo to show you how to migrate from go
http2 server with daemon supports, graceful shutdown
awesome-toolis a cli app that fetch the repo stars and generate a markdown summary, accordingly with most of awesome-xxx list in github (such as awesome-go).
See Also the examples index: [Examples.md](old/Examples.md) (zh-cn TODO: [Examples.zh-cn.md](old/Examples.zh-cn.md))
- Issue me to adding yours
Feel free to issue me bug reports and fixes. Many thanks to all contributors.
Thanks to JODL
Thanks to JetBrains for donating product licenses to help develop cmdr
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the cmdr README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.