ephemeral-roles alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Bot Building" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of ephemeral-roles or a related project?
A Discord bot for managing ephemeral roles based upon voice channel member presence
- Click on the
Ephemeral Roleslogo head above or use this link to invite
Ephemeral Rolesinto your Discord server
- The 'Manage Roles' permission is required. The invite link above
provides that by automatically creating an appropriate role in your server
- The 'Manage Roles' permission is required. The invite link above provides that by automatically creating an appropriate role in your server for
- Ensure the new role for
Ephemeral Rolesis at the top (or as near as possible) to the server's list of roles
- If you're not sure how or why to do that, take a quick read over Discord's excellent Role Management 101 guide
Ephemeral Roles do?
Ephemeral Roles bot is invited to your Discord server, it
immediately starts to watch for changes to your voice channels. When a member
joins a channel,
Ephemeral Roles automatically assigns that member an
ephemeral role associated with the channel. If the ephemeral role doesn't
Ephemeral Roles will create it.
By having your members auto-sorted into ephemeral roles in your member list,
it's clear to see who are available for chatting and the channels they are in.
This is because
ephemeral-roles leverages the Discord feature that the member
list in servers will group together members by role right out of the box.
When a member changes or disconnects from voice channels, even across Discord
Ephemeral Roles will account for the change and automatically
revoke/reissue ephemeral roles as appropriate.
|Orange roles below are automatically managed by
Contributing to the project
Contributions are very welcome! Please follow the guidelines below:
- Open an issue describing the bug or enhancement
- Fork the
developbranch and make your changes
- Try to match current naming conventions as closely as possible
- Try to keep changes small and incremental with appropriate new unit tests
- Create a Pull Request with your changes against the
- Linting and unit tests will be automatically run with the PR, providing feedback if any additional changes need to be made
- Merge to
masterwill automatically deploy the changes live