flipt alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Server Applications" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of flipt or a related project?
A modern feature flag solution
Documentation | Features | Values | Usecases | Examples | Enterprise
Flipt is an on-prem flag application that allows you to run experiments across services in your environment.
Flipt can be deployed within your existing infrastructure so that you don't have to worry about your information being sent to a third party or the latency required to communicate across the internet.
- Fast. Written in Go. Optimized for performance
- Stand alone, easy to run and configure
- Ability to create advanced distribution rules to target segments of users
- Native GRPC client SDKs to integrate with your applications
- Simple REST API
- Modern UI and debug console
- Support for multiple databases
- Data import and export to allow storing your flags as code
- :lock: Security - HTTPS support. No data leaves your servers and you don't have to open your systems to the outside world to communicate with Flipt. It all runs within your existing infrastructure.
- :rocket: Speed - Since Flipt is co-located with your existing services, you do not have to communicate across the internet which can add excessive latency and slow down your applications.
- :white_check_mark: Simplicity - Flipt is a single binary with no external dependencies by default.
- :no_entry: Privacy - No telemetry data is collected or sent by Flipt. Ever.
- Use simple on/off feature flags to toggle functionality in your applications
- Rollout features to a subset of your audience
- Use advanced segmentation to target and serve users based on custom properties that you define
Check out the examples to see how Flipt works.
Here's a basic one to get started!
Try Flipt out yourself with Docker:
❯ docker run --rm -p 8080:8080 -p 9000:9000 markphelps/flipt:latest
Flipt UI will now be reachable at http://localhost:8080/.
For more permanent methods of running Flipt, see the Installation section.
:warning: Beta Software :warning:
Flipt is still considered beta software until the 1.0.0 release. This means that there are likely bugs and features/configuration may change between releases. Attempts will be made to maintain backwards compatibility whenever possible.
There are currently two types of licenses in place for Flipt:
- Client License
- Server License
All of the code required to generate GRPC clients in other languages as well as the existing GRPC Go client are licensed under the MIT License.
This code exists in the [rpc/](rpc/) directory.
The client code is the code that you would integrate into your applications, which is why a more permissive license is used.
The server code is licensed under the GPL 3.0 License.
Need more features or support using Flipt within your Enterprise?
Please help me prioritize an Enterprise version of Flipt by filling out this short survey!
- Business-friendly Licensing
- User Management and Audit Trail
- Multiple Environments (ex: dev/staging/prod)
I would love your help! Before submitting a PR, please read over the [Contributing](.github/contributing) guide.
No contribution is too small, whether it be bug reports/fixes, feature requests, documentation updates, or anything else that can help drive the project forward.
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
<!-- ALL-CONTRIBUTORS-LIST:START - Do not remove or modify this section --> <!-- prettier-ignore-start --> <!-- markdownlint-disable --> Aaron Raff💻 Rodrigo Chacon💻 Christopher Diehl💻 Andrew Z Allen📖 Sebastien Armand💻 Dat Tran💻
<!-- markdownlint-enable --> <!-- prettier-ignore-end --> <!-- ALL-CONTRIBUTORS-LIST:END -->
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the flipt README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.