All you need to load balance in the Cloud era! Features: - L4 TCP Load Balancing - Single binary distribution - Clear Configuration with TOML or JSON (from file, url or consul) - REST API (system info, servers, stats & metrics) - Discovery (static, docker, custom exec, json, regexp, dns srv, consul & more...) - Healthchecks (ping & custom) - Balancing Strategies (weight, roundrobin, leastconn, iphash) - Integrates seamlessly with Docker and with any custom system (thanks to Exec discovery and healtchecks)
gobetween alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Networking" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of gobetween or a related project?
gobetween - modern & minimalistic load balancer and reverse-proxy for the :cloud: Cloud era.
Current status: Under active development. Currently in use in several highly loaded production environments.
Clear & Flexible Configuration with [TOML](config/gobetween.toml) or [JSON](config/gobetween.json)
- File - read configuration from the file
- URL - query URL by HTTP and get configuration from the response body
- Consul - query Consul key-value storage API for configuration
- System Information - general server info
- Configuration - dump current config
- Servers - list, create & delete
- Stats & Metrics - for servers and backends including rx/tx, status, active connections & etc.
- Static - hardcode backends list in the config file
- Docker - query backends from Docker / Swarm API filtered by label
- Exec - execute an arbitrary program and get backends from its stdout
- JSON - query arbitrary http url and pick backends from response json (of any structure)
- Plaintext - query arbitrary http and parse backends from response text with customized regexp
- SRV - query DNS server and get backends from SRV records
- Consul - query Consul Services API for backends
- LXD - query backends from LXD
- Ping - simple TCP ping healthcheck
- Exec - execute arbitrary program passing host & port as options, and read healthcheck status from the stdout
- Probe - send specific bytes to backend (udp, tcp or tls) and expect a correct answer (bytes or regexp)
- Weight - select backend from pool based relative weights of backends
- Roundrobin - simple elect backend from pool in circular order
- Iphash - route client to the same backend based on client ip hash
- Iphash1 - same as iphash but backend removal consistent (clients remain connecting to the same backend, even if some other backends down)
- Leastconn - select backend with least active connections
- Leastbandwidth - backends with least bandwidth
Integrates seamlessly with Docker and with any custom system (thanks to Exec discovery and healthchecks)
Single binary distribution
- Install with snap: https://snapcraft.io/gobetween
- Other Installation Options
- Read Configuration Reference
gobetween --helpfor full help on all available commands and options.
- Install Go 1.14+ https://golang.org/
$ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:yyyar/gobetween.git
$ make run
Debug and Test
Run several web servers for tests in different terminals:
$ python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8000
$ python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8001
Instead of Python's internal HTTP module, you can also use a single binary (Go based) webserver like: https://github.com/udhos/gowebhello
gowebhello has support for SSL sertificates as well (HTTPS mode), in case you want to do quick demos of the TLS+SNI capabilities of gobetween.
static_list of static discovery in config file, then try it:
$ gobetween -c gobetween.toml
$ curl http://localhost:3000
Enable profiler and debug issues you encounter
[profiler] enabled = true # false | true bind = ":6060" # "host:port"
It's Fast! See Performance Testing
It's a play on words: gobetween ("go between").
Also, it's written in Go, and it's a proxy so it's something that stays between 2 parties :smile:
MIT. See LICENSE file for more details.
Authors & Maintainers
- See [AUTHORS](AUTHORS)
- Join gobetween Telegram group here.
Logo by Max Demchenko
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the gobetween README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.