Gollum v0.6.0 Release Notes
Gollum 0.6.0 contains breaking changes over version 0.5.x. 🚀 Please read the release notes carefully
Gollum 0.6.0 dependency management switches from go-dep to go-modules. As of this is recommended to use go 1.11 or later for development. 👍 Go 1.10 and 1.9 are still supported. Support for Go 1.8 or older has been dropped.
🆕 New with 0.6.0
- ➕ Added a new flag "-mt" to choose the metrics provider (currently only prometheus).
- 👍 Consumer.File setting "Files" now supports glob patterns.
- 👀 Consumer.Syslog now allows non-standard protocol types (see issue #234)
- 📇 Message metadata can now store arbitrary data
- When not setting the numbers of CPU, gollum will try to use cgroup limits
- 📇 format.Cast for changing metadata field types
- format.Override to set static field values
💥 Breaking changes with 0.6.0
- 0️⃣ Format.SplitPick default delimiter is now ","
- 📇 Multiple formatters have been renamed to support the new metadata model
- 0️⃣ Metrics are now collected using go-metrics. This allows e.g. prometheus output (default). Old-style metrics have been removed and many metrics names have changed.
- Consumer.File setting "File" has been renamed to "Files"
- 👍 Consumer.File setting "OffsetFile" changed to "OffsetPath" to support multiple offset files per consumer.
- Consumer.File setting "PollingDelay" has been renamed to "PollingDelayMs".
- 📇 Metadata type has changed from
- 📇 Deserializing messages written by v0.5.x will lead to metadata of those message to be discarded.
- ✂ Removed support for go 1.8 in order to allow sync.Map
- 🚚 The functions Message.ResizePayload and .ExtendPayload have been removed in favor if go's slice internal functions.