heka v0.9.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2015-02-26 // almost 7 years ago
🚀 The Heka 0.9.0 release has lots of new fixes and features. And, in the name of progress, there are a handful of breaking changes, so please read the changelog carefully before you upgrade! Some highlights:
- 🔌 We've introduced "splitter" plugins, which handle the task of deciding where to slice input streams so as to generate discrete Heka messages.
- 🔧 The config loading has been improved, so Heka now automatically extracts decoder and splitter settings from an input plugin's configuration and makes them available to the input through an improved API.
- It is now possible to use shared Lua libraries with the Lua sandbox.
- 🔌 It is also now possible to write input and output plugins using Lua.
- Heka message protocol buffer encoding and decoding is now available within the Lua sandbox.
- 👍 ElasticSearch output now supports disk buffering to prevent message loss when ElasticSearch is unavailable.
- 👍 Disk buffering for ElasticSearch and TcpOutput now supports a maximum queue size, with the ability to specify what should happen when the maximum size is reached.
🚀 Unfortunately a bug related to linking C and Go code on Windows has made it impossible for us to provide a Windows build for this release. We hope that this will be resolved soon.