jaeger v1.14.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-09-02 // 5 months ago
💥 Breaking Changes
🚀 This can break existing Elasticsearch deployments if security policies are applied.
For instance Jaeger
X-Packconfiguration now requires permission to create index templates -
🆕 New Features
The index mappings in Elasticsearch 7 are not backwards compatible with the older versions.
Therefore using Elasticsearch 7 with data created with older version would not work.
⬆️ Elasticsearch 6.8 supports 7.x, 6.x, 5.x compatible mappings. The upgrade has to be done
🚚 first to ES 6.8, then apply data migration or wait until old daily indices are removed (this requires
to start Jaeger with
--es.version=7to force using ES 7.x mappings for newly created indices).
0️⃣ Jaeger by default uses Elasticsearch ping endpoint (
/) to derive the version which is used
for index mappings selection. The version can be overridden by flag
🐛 Bug fixes, Minor Improvements
- 🛠 Fix gRPC over cmux and add unit tests (#1758, @yurishkuro)
- ➕ Add CA certificates to agent image (#1764, @yurishkuro)
- 🛠 Fix badger merge-join algorithm to correctly filter indexes (#1721, @burmanm)
- 🔄 Change Zipkin CORS origins and headers to comma separated list (#1556, @JonasVerhofste)
- ➕ Added null guards to 'Process' when processing an incoming span (#1723, @jpkrohling)
- Export expvar metrics of badger to the metricsFactory (#1704, @burmanm)
- Pass TTL as int, not as float64 (#1710, @yurishkuro)
- 👉 Use find by regex for archive index in index cleaner (#1693, @pavolloffay)
- 👍 Allow token propagation if token type is not specified (#1685, @rubenvp8510)
- 🛠 Fix duplicated spans when querying Elasticsearch (#1677, @pavolloffay)
- 🛠 Fix the threshold precision issue (#1665, @guanw)
- 👀 Badger filter duplicate results from a single indexSeek (#1649, @burmanm)
- 🏁 Badger make default dirs work in Windows (#1653, @burmanm)
💻 UI Changes
- 📌 UI pinned to version 1.4.0. The changelog is available here v1.4.0