MailHog alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Email" category.
Alternatively, view MailHog alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
8.0 6.8 MailHog VS SendGridThe Official Twilio SendGrid Led, Community Driven Golang API Library
5.8 6.8 MailHog VS email-verifier:white_check_mark: A Go library for email verification without sending any emails.
4.8 7.2 MailHog VS MailchainUsing Mailchain, blockchain users can now send and receive rich-media HTML messages with attachments via a blockchain address.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of MailHog or a related project?
Inspired by MailCatcher, easier to install.
- Download and run MailHog
- Configure your outgoing SMTP server
- View your outgoing email in a web UI
- Release it to a real mail server
Built with Go - MailHog runs without installation on multiple platforms.
MailHog is an email testing tool for developers:
- Configure your application to use MailHog for SMTP delivery
- View messages in the web UI, or retrieve them with the JSON API
- Optionally release messages to real SMTP servers for delivery
brew update && brew install mailhog
Then, start MailHog by running
mailhog in the command line.
Debian / Ubuntu
sudo apt-get -y install golang-go go get github.com/mailhog/MailHog
Then, start MailHog by running
/path/to/MailHog in the command line.
E.g. the path to Go's bin files on Ubuntu is
~/go/bin/, so to start the MailHog run:
Run it from Docker Hub or using the provided [Dockerfile](Dockerfile)
Check out how to configure MailHog, or use the default settings:
- the SMTP server starts on port 1025
- the HTTP server starts on port 8025
- in-memory message storage
See [MailHog libraries](docs/LIBRARIES.md) for a list of MailHog client libraries.
- ESMTP server implementing RFC5321
- Support for SMTP AUTH (RFC4954) and PIPELINING (RFC2920)
- Web interface to view messages (plain text, HTML or source)
- Supports RFC2047 encoded headers
- Real-time updates using EventSource
- Release messages to real SMTP servers
- Chaos Monkey for failure testing
- See Introduction to Jim for more information
- HTTP API to list, retrieve and delete messages
- [HTTP basic authentication](docs/Auth.md) for MailHog UI and API
- Multipart MIME support
- Download individual MIME parts
- In-memory message storage
- MongoDB and file based storage for message persistence
- Lightweight and portable
- No installation required
mhsendmail is a sendmail replacement for MailHog.
It redirects mail to MailHog using SMTP.
You can also use
MailHog sendmail ... instead of the separate mhsendmail binary.
Alternatively, you can use your native
sendmail command by providing
-S, for example:
/usr/sbin/sendmail -S mail:1025
For example, in PHP you could add either of these lines to
sendmail_path = /usr/local/bin/mhsendmail sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -S mail:1025
Clone this repository to
$GOPATH/src/github.com/mailhog/MailHog and type
See the Building MailHog guide.
Requires Go 1.4+ to build.
Run tests using
make test or
If you make any changes, run
go fmt ./... before submitting a pull request.
Copyright © 2014 - 2017, Ian Kent (http://iankent.uk)
Released under MIT license, see [LICENSE](LICENSE.md) for details.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the MailHog README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.