ostent v0.7.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2016-09-19 // about 3 years ago
🚀 This is a reboot of sorts. This release cuts old and clumsy flags & parameters to include a solid base for metrics collection and reporting interoperability. These are the highlights:
- Consistent display: client can specify listing bounds though (not delays).
- 0️⃣ The default collection interval can be set by new
in a config file as
agent.interval, reporting interval as
- Each "input" (a specific metrics collection) can have different interval.
- 🔧 Configuration file for all the "inputs", "outputs" and generic options.
0️⃣ The file is not required for defaults and can be concise with omitted settings
0️⃣ being defaults.
- 🔌 Some "input" plugins may be deemed intrinsically slow or of no interest,
🔧 these can be configured to have longer interval or disabled completely.
- 🔌 "output" plugins for each supported outputs: InfluxDB, Graphite, Librato.
Previous changes from v0.6.2
🚀 This is minor release featuring updated dependencies including Go 1.7 runtime and latest React.
Other notable changes:
- 🆕 New
--log-requestsflag enables printing full access log to stdout.
🚀 It defaults to
truein dev mode,
falsein release binaries.
🖨 Old behaviour was to print just the first request from a particular IP.
🖨 So now it's to print either all the requests or none.
- 🌲 The access log changed into regular (apache) common access format
without extra fields like predefined message and duration.
- 🆕 New