rod alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Selenium and browser control tools." category.
Alternatively, view rod alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
7.9 7.3 rod VS playwright-goPlaywright for Go a browser automation library to control Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of rod or a related project?
Rod is a high-level driver directly based on DevTools Protocol. It's designed for web automation and scraping for both high-level and low-level use, senior developers can use the low-level packages and functions to easily customize or build up their own version of Rod, the high-level functions are just examples to build a default version of Rod.
- Chained context design, intuitive to timeout or cancel the long-running task
- Auto-wait elements to be ready
- Debugging friendly, auto input tracing, remote monitoring headless browser
- Thread-safe for all operations
- Automatically find or download [browser](lib/launcher)
- High-level helpers like WaitStable, WaitRequestIdle, HijackRequests, WaitDownload, etc
- Two-step WaitEvent design, never miss an event (how it works)
- Correctly handles nested iframes or shadow DOMs
- No zombie browser process after the crash (how it works)
- CI enforced 100% test coverage
Please check the [examples_test.go](examples_test.go) file first, then check the [examples](lib/examples) folder.
For more detailed examples, please search the unit tests.
Such as the usage of method
HandleAuth, you can search all the
*_test.go files that contain
for example, use Github online search in repository.
You can also search the GitHub issues or discussions,
a lot of usage examples are recorded there.
[Here](lib/examples/compare-chromedp) is a comparison of the examples between rod and Chromedp.
Your help is more than welcome! Even just open an issue to ask a question may greatly help others.
Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way before you ask questions.
We use Github Projects to manage tasks, you can see the priority and progress of the issues here.
If you want to contribute please read the [Contributor Guide](.github/CONTRIBUTING.md).