Serf v0.2.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2013-11-01 // over 6 years ago
- Protocol versioning features so that upgrades can be done safely. See the website on upgrading Serf for more info.
- Can now configure Serf with files or directories of files by specifying
-config-dirflags to the agent.
- New command
serf force-leavecan be used to force a "failed" node to the "left" state.
- Serf now supports message encryption and verification so that it can be used on untrusted networks [GH-25]
serf agentcan be used to join a cluster when starting an agent. [GH-42]
- Random staggering of periodic routines to avoid cluster-wide synchronization
- Push/Pull timer automatically slows down as cluster grows to avoid congestion
- Messages are compressed to reduce bandwidth utilization
serf membersnow provides node roles in output
- Joining a cluster will no longer replay all the old events by default,
but it can using the
- User events are coalesced by default, meaning duplicate events (by name) within a short period of time are merged. [GH-8]
🐛 BUG FIXES:
- Event handlers work on Windows now by executing commands through
- Nodes that previously left and rejoin won't get stuck in 'leaving' state. [GH-18]
- Fixing alignment issues on i386 for atomic operations [GH-20]
- "trace" log level works [GH-31]