Pion WebRTC alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Video" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Pion WebRTC or a related project?
Pion WebRTC A pure Go implementation of the WebRTC API
Pion WebRTC is a pure Go implementation of WebRTC. It has zero non-Go dependencies and no 3rd party Go dependencies. It is designed to follow WebRTC API, but may deviate when required. See [DESIGN.md](DESIGN.md) for the guiding principals/inspirations of the project.
[example applications](examples/README.md) contains code samples of common things people build with Pion WebRTC.
example-webrtc-applications contains more full featured examples that use 3rd party libraries.
awesome-pion contains projects that have used Pion, and serve as real world examples of usage.
GoDoc is an auto generated API reference. All our Public APIs are commented.
Now go build something awesome! Here are some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Send a video file to multiple browser in real time for perfectly synchronized movie watching.
- Send a webcam on an embedded device to your browser with no additional server required!
- Securely send data between two servers, without using pub/sub.
- Record your webcam and do special effects server side.
- Build a conferencing application that processes audio/video and make decisions off of it.
The library is in active development, please refer to the roadmap to track our major milestones. We also maintain a list of Big Ideas these are things we want to build but don't have a clear plan or the resources yet. If you are looking to get involved this is a great place to get started! We would also love to hear your ideas! Even if you can't implement it yourself, it could inspire others.
Pion has an active community on the Slack.
Follow the Pion Twitter for project updates and important WebRTC news.
We are always looking to support your projects. Please reach out if you have something to build! If you need commercial support or don't want to use public methods you can contact us at email@example.com
Check out the contributing wiki to join the group of amazing people making this project possible:
- John Bradley - Original Author
- Michael Melvin Santry - Mascot
- Raphael Randschau - STUN
- Sean DuBois - Original Author
- Michiel De Backker - SDP, Public API, Project Management
- Brendan Rius - Cleanup
- Konstantin Itskov - SDP Parsing
- chenkaiC4 - Fix GolangCI Linter
- Ronan J - Fix STCP PPID
- Max Hawkins - RTCP
- Justin Okamoto - Fix Docs
- leeoxiang - Implement Janus examples
- Denis - Adding docker-compose to pion-to-pion example
- earle - Generate DTLS fingerprint in Go
- Jake B - Fix Windows installation instructions
- Michael MacDonald - Plan B compatibility, Remote TURN/Trickle-ICE, Logging framework
- Oleg Kovalov Use wildcards instead of hardcoding travis-ci config
- Woodrow Douglass RTCP, RTP improvements, G.722 support, Bugfixes
- Tobias Fridén SRTP authentication verification
- Yutaka Takeda Fix ICE connection timeout
- Hugo Arregui Fix connection timeout
- Rob Deutsch RTPReceiver graceful shutdown
- Jin Lei - SFU example use http
- Will Watson - Enable gocritic
- Luke Curley
- Antoine Baché - OGG Opus export
- frank - Building examples on OSX
- adwpc - SFU example with websocket
- imalic3 - SFU websocket example with datachannel broadcast
- Žiga Željko
- Simonacca Fotokite
- Marouane Fix Offer bundle generation
- Christopher Fry
- Adam Kiss
- Alex Harford
- Aleksandr Razumov
- AlexWoo(武杰) Fix RemoteDescription parsing for certificate fingerprint
- Cecylia Bocovich
- Agugua Kenechukwu
- Ato Araki
- Rafael Viscarra
- Mike Coleman
- Suhas Gaddam
- Atsushi Watanabe
- Robert Eperjesi
- Aaron France
- Gareth Hayes
- Sebastian Waisbrot
- Masataka Hisasue - Fix Docs
- Hongchao Ma(马洪超)
- Aaron France
- Chris Hiszpanski - Fix Answer bundle generation
- Vicken Simonian
- Guilherme Souza
- Andrew N. Shalaev
- David Hamilton
- Ilya Mayorov
- Patrick Lange
- Lukas Herman
- Konstantin Chugalinskiy
- Bao Nguyen
- Luke S
- Hendrik Hofstadt
- Clayton McCray
- Quentin Renard
- Simon Eisenmann
- Ben Weitzman
- Masahiro Nakamura
- Tarrence van As
- Yuki Igarashi
- Egon Elbre
- Jerko Steiner
- Roman Romanenko
- YongXin SHI
- Magnus Wahlstrand
- Chad Retz
- Simone Gotti
- Cedric Fung
- Norman Rasmussen - Fix Empty DataChannel messages
- Josh Bleecher Snyder
- salmān aljammāz
MIT License - see [LICENSE](LICENSE) for full text
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Pion WebRTC README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.