xferspdy alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Utilities" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of xferspdy or a related project?
This library provides binary diff and patch API in golang.
- Command line utilities to diff and patch binary files
- Library for fingerprint generation, rolling hash and block matching
- NEW : For large files, fingerprint generation automatically switches to parallel mode wherein multiple go routines are used concurrently. For files > 20 MB, there is an improvement of ~50% compared to sequential fingerprint generation.
Reference : Rsync Algorithm
- Need to have go installed, golang downloads
Do go get
go get github.com/monmohan/xferspdy
Install the command line utilities
go install ./... from the xferspdy directory
Using the API
See GoDoc. The docs also contain an example usage of the API.
Using the fpgen, diff and patch CLI utilities:
The library also provides CLI wrappers on API.
You can see the usage of any of these commands using
$ GOPATH/bin/<command> --help
Lets say you have a binary file (e.g. power point presentation MyPrezVersion1.pptx).
First generate a fingerprint of version 1
$ GOPATH/bin/fpgen -file <path>/MyPrezVersion1.pptx
This will generate the fingerprint file /MyPrezVersion1.pptx.fingerprint.
- Lets say that the file was changed now (for example add a slide or image) and saved as MyPrezVersion2.pptx
- Now Generate a diff (doesn't require original file)
$ GOPATH/bin/diff -fingerprint <path>/MyPrezVersion1.pptx.fingerprint -file <path>/MyPrezVersion2.pptx
It will create a patch file
- Now patch the Version 1 file to get the Version 2
$ GOPATH/bin/patch -patch <path>/MyPrezVersion2.pptx.patch -base <path>/MyPrezVersion1.pptx
- This will generate /Patched_MyPrezVersion1.pptx. This file would exactly be same as MyPrezVersion2.pptx.
NOTE: diff and patch are also common utilities present on most distributions so its better to give explicit path to these binaries. for example use $GOPATH/bin/diff and $GOPATH/bin/patch