badger v2.0.0-rc1 Release NotesRelease Date: 2019-06-20 // 8 months ago
🚀 BadgerDB has changed a lot over the latest year so we released a new version with a brand new API.
⬆️ BadgerDB v2.0.0 corresponds to the current status of
masteras June 20th, so if you're using
latestyou should not have any issues upgrading.
Read our CHANGELOG for more details on the exact changes.
🆕 New features
The main new features are:
- The Stream framework has been migrated from Dgraph into BadgerDB.
- A new StreamWriter was added for concurrent writes for sorted streams.
- You can now subscribe to changes in a DB with the DB.Subscribe method.
- 🏗 A new builder API has been added to reduce the boiler plate related to badger.Options.
💥 Breaking API changes
The following changes might impact your code:
badger.ManagedDBhas been deprecated and merged into
badger.DB. You can still use badger.OpenManaged.
- 🚚 The
badger.Options.DoNotCompactoption has been removed.
badger.LSMOnlyOptionsare now functions that receive a directory path as a parameter.
- 🏗 All the methods on
badger.Txnwith name starting in
SetWithhave been deprecated and replaced with a builder API for type badger.Entry.
- badger.Item.Value now receives a function that returns an error.
- badger.Txn.Commit doesn't receive any params anymore.
- badger.DB.Tables now accepts a boolean to decide whether keys should be counted.
Many new commands and flags have been added to the
badgerCLI tool, read the CHANGELOG for more details.