bytebase alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Database Schema Migration" category.
Alternatively, view bytebase alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of bytebase or a related project?
Live Demo • Install • Help • Development • Design Doc
Bytebase is a web-based, zero-config, dependency-free database schema change and version control management tool for DBAs and developers.
For DBA - 10x operational efficiency
A collaborative web-console to allow DBAs to manage database tasks and handle developer tickets much more efficiently than traditonal tools.
For Tech Lead - Improve team velocity and reduce risk
Teams using Bytebase will naturally adopt industry best practice for managing database schema changes. Tech leads will see an improved development velocity and reduced outages caused by database changes.
For Developer - Holistic view of database schema changes
Regardless of working as an IC in a team or managing your own side project, developers using Bytebase will have a holistic view of all the related database info, the ongoing database schema change tasks and the past database migration history.
- [x] Web-based schema change and management workspace for teams
- [x] Version control based schema migration (Database-as-Code)
- [x] Classic UI based schema migration (SQL Review)
- [x] Built-in SQL Editor
- [x] Detailed migration history
- [x] Multi-tenancy (rollout change to homogeneous databases belonged to different tenants)
- [x] Backup and restore
- [x] Anomaly center
- [x] Environment policy
- Approval policy
- Backup schedule enforcement
- [x] Schema drift detection
- [x] Backward compatibility schema change check
- [x] Role-based access control (RBAC)
- [x] MySQL support
- [x] PostgreSQL support
- [x] TiDB support
- [x] Snowflake support
- [x] ClickHouse support
- [x] GitLab CE/EE support (Database-as-Code, login with GitLab account, project membership sync)
- [x] Webhook integration for Slack, Discord, MS Teams, DingTalk(钉钉), Feishu(飞书), WeCom(企业微信)
- [ ] GitLab.com support
- [ ] GitHub support
Fig.1 - Dashboard
Fig.2 - SQL review issue pipeline
Fig.3 - GitLab based schema migration (Database-as-code)
Fig.4 - Built-in SQL Editor
Version upgrade policy
🕊 Interested in contributing?
Checkout issues tagged with good first issue.
We are maintaining an online database glossary list, you can add/improve content there.
Note: We are quite disciplined on tech stack. If you consider bringing a new programming language, framework and any non-trivial external dependency, please open a discussion first.
Bytebase is built with a curated tech stack. It is optimized for developer experience and is very easy to start working on the code:
- It has no external dependency.
- It requires zero config.
- 1 command to start backend and 1 command to start frontend, both with live reload support.
git clone https://github.com/bytebase/bytebase
- Set up pre-commit hooks.
- Install pre-commit
cd bytebase pre-commit install pre-commit install --hook-type commit-msg
- Start backend using air (with live reload).
air -c scripts/.air.toml
Change the open file limit if you encounter "error: too many open files".
ulimit -n 10240
- Start frontend (with live reload).
cd frontend && pnpm i && pnpm dev
Bytebase should now be running at https://localhost:3000 and change either frontend or backend code would trigger live reload.
We are hiring
We are looking for engineers and developer advocates, interns are also welcomed. Check out our jobs page.