Caddy v2.0.0-beta.18 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-03-19 // about 1 year ago
🚀 Caddy 2.0 beta 18 is the next pre-release in the development cycle of Caddy 2 and is the best one yet! We recommend that everyone on the beta track upgrade, test in a dev or staging environment, and then use in production!
🎉 This tag marks feature-completeness for 2.0. While we may still add new features before v2, they are not blocking its release. Most work going forward will be cleanup, refinement, and bug fixing, for the release candidates.
🍱 💚 Please consider sponsoring this project. I work on this full-time!
🚀 ⚠️ This release contains breaking changes. ⚠️
- 🔧 On-demand TLS is now configurable in the Caddyfile. This enables getting certificates during TLS handshakes, convenient for SaaS deployments.
uri_replaceCaddyfile directives were replaced by the unified
- 🆕 New
--templatesflag for the
- 👌 Support for listener wrapper modules
- 0️⃣ Default log format is now JSON for non-interactive shells
local_certsglobal option for the Caddyfile, to default to all locally-trusted certificates
- 🆕 New experimental
expressionmatcher supports CEL, for complex request matching logic
- 📌 Built on Go 1.14.1, which fixes the spinning CPU bug in the runtime on Mac
- 🛠 Numerous bug fixes and enhancements!
This is a community effort, so please report bugs, join the discussion, and submit pull requests to be a part of the team!
- 👍 Community forum to ask questions, get community support, and lend your help
- Issue tracker for bug reports and dev discussion