dragonboat v3.3 Release NotesRelease Date: 2021-01-20 // 9 months ago
🚀 Dragonboat v3.3 is a major release that comes with new features and improvements. All v3.2.x users are recommended to upgrade.
🆕 New features
- 🔊 Pebble, which is bidirectional compatible with RocksDB, has been made the default engine for storing Raft Logs. RocksDB and CGO are no longer required.
- ➕ Added the ability to slow down incoming proposals when the Raft Logs engine is highly loaded.
- ➕ Added the option to get notified when proposals and config changes are committed.
- ➕ Added a gossip service to allow NodeHosts to use dynamically assigned IP addresses as RaftAddress.
- ➕ Added the ability to better control memory footprint.
- ➕ Added ARM64/Linux as a new targeted platform.
⬆️ Note that Pebble provides bidirectional compatibility with RocksDB v6.2.1. Existing Dragonboat applications can upgrade to v3.3 without any conversion unless a newer version of RocksDB was used. RocksDB v6.4.x has been briefly tested and it seems to be compatible with Pebble as well.
- ⚡️ Optimized the read index implementation.
- ⬇️ Reduced LogDB restart delays.
- 🔧 Made LogDB configurations accessible programmatically.
- ➕ Added protobuf workaround to allow Dragonboat and etcd to be used in the same project.
- 🛠 Fixed a few data race issues.
- 🛠 Fixed a potential Raft election deadlock issue when nodes are highly loaded.
- 👍 Allow incoming proposals to be rate limited when LogDB is busy.
- Simplified many aspects of the library.
💥 Breaking changes
- The signature of config.LogDBFactoryFunc has been changed. Your application is not affected unless it uses a custom LogDB implementation.
- 👍 Due to lack of user interests, C++ binding is no longer supported.
- 👍 LevelDB based LogDB is no longer supported.
- 🚚 NodeHostConfig's FS and SystemTickerPrecision fields have been moved into NodeHostConfig.Expert.
Previous changes from v3.2.8
🚀 Dragonboat v3.2.8 is a minor maintenance release.
- ⬆️ upgraded to github.com/lni/goutils v1.2.2
- 🛠 fixed a potential data race
- ⚡️ updated dummy certificates used in unit tests to avoid issues with Go1.5