mainflux alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "IoT (Internet of Things)" category.
Alternatively, view mainflux alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of mainflux or a related project?
Mainflux is modern, scalable, secure, open-source, and patent-free IoT cloud platform written in Go.
It accepts user and thing connections over various network protocols (i.e. HTTP, MQTT, WebSocket, CoAP), thus making a seamless bridge between them. It is used as the IoT middleware for building complex IoT solutions.
For more details, check out the official documentation.
Mainflux is member of the Linux Foundation and an active contributor to the EdgeX Foundry project. It has been made with :heart: by Mainflux Labs, which maintains the project and offers professional services around it.
- Multi-protocol connectivity and bridging (HTTP, MQTT, WebSocket and CoAP)
- Device management and provisioning (Zero Touch provisioning)
- Mutual TLS Authentication (mTLS) using X.509 Certificates
- Fine-grained access control
- Message persistence (Cassandra, InfluxDB, MongoDB and PostgresSQL)
- Platform logging and instrumentation support (Grafana, Prometheus and OpenTracing)
- Event sourcing
- Container-based deployment using Docker and Kubernetes
- LoRaWAN network integration
- Small memory footprint and fast execution
- Domain-driven design architecture, high-quality code and test coverage
The following are needed to run Mainflux:
Developing Mainflux will also require:
Once the prerequisites are installed, execute the following commands from the project's root:
docker-compose -f docker/docker-compose.yml up
This will bring up the Mainflux docker services and interconnect them. This command can also be executed using the project's included Makefile:
The quickest way to start using Mainflux is via the CLI. The latest version can be downloaded from the official releases page.
It can also be built and used from the project's root directory:
make cli ./build/mainflux-cli version
Additional details on using the CLI can be found in the CLI documentation.
If you spot an error or a need for corrections, please let us know - or even better: send us a PR.
Additional practical information, news and tutorials can be found on the Mainflux blog.
Main architect and BDFL of Mainflux project is @drasko.
Additionally, @nmarcetic and @janko-isidorovic assured overall architecture and design, while @manuio and @darkodraskovic helped with crafting initial implementation and continuously worked on the project evolutions.
Maintainers are listed in [MAINTAINERS](MAINTAINERS) file.
The Mainflux team would like to give special thanks to @mijicd for his monumental work on designing and implementing a highly improved and optimized version of the platform, and @malidukica for his effort on implementing the initial user interface.
Thank you for your interest in Mainflux and the desire to contribute!
- Take a look at our open issues. The good-first-issue label is specifically for issues that are great for getting started.
- Checkout the [contribution guide](CONTRIBUTING.md) to learn more about our style and conventions.
- Make your changes compatible to our workflow.
The best way to grab our attention is by sending PRs :sunglasses:.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the mainflux README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.