Pixel v0.7 Release NotesRelease Date: 2018-02-20 // about 3 years ago
🚀 Almost a year ago, Pixel 0.6 was released. It's time for a new release!
So, let me introduce to you, the one and only Pixel 0.7.
This version is mostly an iterative update, an evolution upon Pixel 0.6, not a revolution. However, quite a few changes accumulated since 0.6. One big thing is audio. It's been around for a while, but only now we are announcing it officially. Let's get to the changes!
- 🚀 Pixel 0.6 was released on May 30, 2017
- ➕ Since then we added 2474 LOC and deleted 168 LOC in 170 commits
- Reached 1k stars! (became the most starred game library for Go)
- Closed 51 issues in total
- Got 13 contributors participating
Looking for contributors!
I made the original Pixel with though and care and I think we ended up with a decent library. Since then, I've moved on to other things and Pixel is no longer my main focus. But, there's still a lot of room for improvements. That's why I invite anyone who's interested to help Pixel thrive! Your contributions will be highly appreciated by me as well as many users of Pixel all around the world every day. Check out the short CONTRIBUTING guide to get started!
🆕 New features
- 🔋 Feature-rich and flexible audio package in the separate Beep library
- 🆕 New in pixel: Rect.Area, Rect.Intersect, Clamp, Unit, Vec.Project
- 🆕 New in pixelgl: Window.SetPos, Window.GetPos, Window.UpdateInput
- 🆕 New in text: Atlas7x13 (a simple pre-made atlas for 7x13 basic font)
- 8 new community examples (which now rival regular examples in quality)
💥 Breaking changes
- Significant optimizations in IMDraw
- Partial benchmarks
- ✅ Partial tests
- Many small optimizations
- 🛠 Fixed a number of bugs
👍 Huge thank you to everyone who contributed to or supported Pixel in any way! Special thanks go to: