Caddy v2.0.0-beta.15 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-02-28 // about 1 year ago
🚀 Caddy 2.0 beta 15 is the next pre-release in the development cycle of Caddy 2 and is the best one yet! We recommend that everyone on the beta track upgrade, test in a dev or staging environment, and then use in production!
🍱 💚 Please consider sponsoring this project. I work on this full-time and our runway is extremely limited!
- Built on Go 1.14
- Can specify custom, trusted ACME server CA roots in the Caddyfile (thanks @sarge!)
- 👌 Improvements to some matchers in the Caddyfile
- 🆕 New
logCaddyfile directive enables and configures access logging (a.k.a. HTTP request logs)
- 🆕 New
debugCaddyfile option to enable debug mode (debug-level logs, globally)
- 🛠 Fixes to
basicauthdirective and error handling (thanks @roblabla!)
- 🛠 Fixes to TLS certificate loading
- 🛠 Fixes to HTTP/3 servers through config reloads
- 🛠 Fixes to reverse proxy health checks
- 🛠 Fixes to header and header_regexp matchers (thanks @gilbsgilbs!)
- Several new TLS-related placeholders available (thanks @moorereason!)
caddy reverse-proxycommand now has a
reverse_proxydirective can accept URLs for backend addresses
- Admin endpoint can be disabled in the Caddyfile with
- Environment variables expand nested env variables (thanks @zaquestion!)
- 🐎 Performance improvements with lots of TLS automation policies
- Several other minor enhancements!
- Known regression: Caddyfile adapter: Caddy network addresses are parsed incorrectly in the
php_fastcgidirectives; temporary workaround is to use a working address then fix it in the JSON. Fix is now available in c83d40c - please build from source to get it
🚀 Please remember that Caddy 2 beta releases are not yet feature-complete as development is ongoing, nor are they stable; there are likely to be some breaking changes between tags. We hope you will find ways to use Caddy 2 beta in production and report any issues you find!
This is a community effort, so please report bugs, join the discussion, and submit pull requests to be a part of the team!
- 👍 Community forum to ask questions, get community support, and lend your help
- Issue tracker for bug reports and dev discussion