Documize alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Other Software" category
* Code Quality Rankings and insights are calculated and provided by Lumnify.
They vary from L1 to L5 with "L5" being the highest. Visit our partner's website for more details.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Documize or a related project?
Documize is an open source modern, lightweight and comprehensive alternative to Confluence.
It's built with Golang + EmberJS and compiled down to a single executable binary for Linux, Windows and macOS.
All you need to provide is PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server or any MySQL variant.
- Built for technical and non-technical users
- Designed to unify both customer-facing and internal documentation
- Organization through labels, spaces and categories
- No fee-charging marketplace
We provide frequent product updates for both cloud and self-hosted customers.
Harvey Kandola, CEO/Founder @ Documize
- Raspberry Pi (using the ARM builds)
For all database types, Full-Text Search support (FTS) is mandatory.
- PostgreSQL (v9.6+)
- Microsoft SQL Server (2016+ with FTS)
- MySQL (v5.7.10+ and v8.0.12+)
- Percona (v5.7.16-10+)
- MariaDB (10.3.0+)
- Microsoft Edge (v42+)
- Go (v1.13.4)
- Ember JS (v3.12.0)
Besides email/password login, you can also authenticate via:
- Active Directory
- Red Hat Keycloak
- Central Authentication Service (CAS)
When using LDAP/Active Directory, you can enable dual-authentication with email/password.
The Legal Bit
This software (Documize Community Edition) is licensed under GNU AGPL v3 http://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.en.html. You can operate outside the AGPL restrictions by purchasing Documize Enterprise Edition and obtaining a commercial license by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Documize® is a registered trade mark of Documize Inc.
Documize uses other open source components and we acknowledge them in [NOTICES](NOTICES.md)
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Documize README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.