gotoprom v1.0.0 Release NotesRelease Date: 2020-01-10 // about 3 years ago
- 👌 Support for empty buckets tag, which will generate nil buckets for the prometheus Histogram and use default prometheus buckets.
- 👌 Support for empty objectives tag, which will generate nil objectives for the prometheus Summary and use an empty objectives map after all.
- 💥 Breaking :
prometheus.Histogramis now used to build histograms, instead of
prometheus.Observer, which means that previous code building
prometheus.Observerwon't compile anymore.
- 💥 Breaking : default buckets on histograms. All histogram should explicitly specify their buckets now or they will fail to build.
- 💥 Breaking : default objectives on summaries. All summaries should explicitly specify their objectives now or they will fail to build.
- 🏗 Summary building was not failing with malformed objectives.
If you're migrating from a
v0.x.y, you will need to:
Metric func() prometheus.Observerby
Metric func() prometheus.Histogram
- 👍 On
buckets:""which will use the
prometheus.DefBucketsbucekts, or even better, define yours.
objectives:".5,.95,.99"to keep using the same objectives, or define yours.