v2.0.0August 10, 2020
v2.0.0-rc1August 09, 2020
- 📜 Enabled race detector parsing!
- 🐎 Significantly accelerated performance for pass through.
- ♻️ Significant refactoring of the package stack.
- ✂ Removed vendor/ since it's not used anymore by current Go versions. As such, the minimum required version is now 1.9.x.
- 👍 Includes recent v1.5.0 go module support.
If you are reading this, you have three choices:
- ⬆️ Upgrade to v2. Seriously, do this. It's so much better!
- Disable the nudge with the environment variable PANICPARSE_V1_NO_WARN=1
- Stick to v1.5.0.
Lots of nice things before v2:
- ➕ Add support for local go module outside of GOPATH. It only works well if "remote" and "local" paths match.
- 🛠 Fix panicweb on macOS.
- Wrap errors where applicable on go 1.13 and later.
- ⚠ Ran staticcheck and fixed all warnings.
- 🛠 Fixed tests on 32 bits when -race is not supported.
- ♻️ Many internal refactoring in preparation for v2.
✅ Most of the changes are test-only changes to help in preparation for v2.
The only user visible changes are IsPtr floor was lowered from 8MiB to 4MiB and processing is now a bit faster and more memory efficient.
- ➕ Add support for stack trace generated by Go 1.13beta1.
- cmd/panic includes more ways to panic, including very deep stacks.
- ➕ Add support for indented output.
- ♻️ (Currently disabled) Add support for race condition parsing. Need more refactoring to enable.
👌 Improve parsing internal logic, in preparation for race detection.
👉 Make panic work on go1.7.6, will be needed to find