Avg Release Cycle
14 days ago
- ➕ Added support for OSX 10.12.1 kernel update (@aarzilli)
- ➕ Added flag to set working directory (#650) (@rustyrobot)
- ➕ Added stepout command (@aarzilli)
- 🏁 Implemented "attach" on Windows (@alexbrainman)
- Implemented next / step / step-instruction on parked goroutines (@aarzilli)
- ➕ Added support for App Engine (@dbenque)
- 👍 Go 1.7 support
- ➕ Added HomeBrew formula for installing on OSX.
- Delve now will break on unrecovered panics. (@aarzilli)
- Headless server can serve multiple clients.
- Conditional breakpoints have been implemented. (@aarzilli)
- Disassemble command has been implemented. (@aarzilli)
- 📚 Much improved documentation (still a ways to go).
- 🖨 Pretty printing: type of elements of interface slices are printed.
- 👌 Improvements in internal operation of "step" command.
- 👍 Allow quoting in build flags argument.
- "h" as alias for "help" command. (@stmuk)
- 👌 Improved prologue detection for large stack frames (#690) (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fixed bugs involving stale executables during restart (#689) (@aarzilli)
- Various improvements to variable evaluation code (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fix bug reading process comm name (@ggndnn)
- ➕ Add better detection for launching non executable files. (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fix halt bug during tracing. (@aarzilli)
- 🏁 Do not use escape codes on Windows when unsupported (@alexbrainman)
- 🛠 Fixed path lookup logic on Windows. (@lukehoban)
v0.11.0January 26, 2016
- 🏁 Windows support landed in master. Still work to be done, but 95% the way there. (@lukehoban)
step-instructioncommand added, has same behavior of the old
- (Backend) Implementation for conditional breakpoints, front end command coming soon. (@aarzilli)
- 🖨 Implement expression evaluator, can now execute commands like
print i == 2. (@aarzilli)
stepcommand no longer steps single instruction but goes to next source line, stepping into functions.
- ♻️ Refactor of
parseGcommand for clarity and speed improvements.
- ⚡️ Optimize reading from target process memory with cache. (prefetch + parse) (@aarzilli)
- Shorten file paths in
- ➕ Added Git SHA to version output.
- 👌 Support function spec with partial package paths. (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Bunch of misc variable evaluation fixes (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Misc fixes in preparation for Go 1.6. (@aarzilli, @derekparker)
- 📜 Replace stdlib debug/dwarf with golang.org/x/debug/dwarf and fix Dwarf endian related parsing issues. (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fix
goroutinesnot working without an argument. (@aarzilli)
- Always clear temp breakpoints, even if normal breakpoint is hit. (@aarzilli)
- Infinite loading loop through maps. (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fix OSX issues related to CGO memory corruption (array overrun in CGO). (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fix OSX issue related to reporting multiple breakpoints hit at same time. (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fix panic when using the
v0.10.0October 04, 2015
setcommand, allows user to set variable (currently only supports pointers / numeric values) (@aarzilli)
- All deps are vendored with Godeps and leveraging GO15VENDOREXPERIMENT
--initflag to run commands from a file (@aarzilli)
clearallcommands now take linespec (@kostya-sh)
- 👌 Support for multiple levels of struct nesting during variable eval (i.e.
print foo.bar.baznow works) (@lukehoban)
- ✂ Removed hardware assisted breakpoints (for now)
- ✂ Remove Go 1.4.2 on Travis builds
- Limit string sizes, be more tolerant of uninitialized memory (@aarzilli)
makecommands fixed for >= Go 1.5 on OSX
- 🛠 Fixed bug where process would not be killed upon detach (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fixed bug trying to detach/kill process that has already exited (@aarzilli)
- 👌 Support for "dumb" terminals (@dlsniper)
- 🛠 Fix bug setting breakpoints at chanRecvAddrs (@aarzilli)
- 💻 Basic tab completion to terminal UI (@icholy)
- ➕ Added
-fullflag to stack command, prints local vars and function args (@aarzilli)
- Output of threads and goroutines sorted by ID (@icholy)
- 🐎 Performance improvement: cache parsed goroutines during halt (@icholy)
- Stack command no longer takes goroutine ID. Use scope prefix command instead (i.e.
goroutine <id> bt)
- OSX: Fix hang when 'next'ing through highly parallel programs
- Absolute path confused as regexp in FindLocation (@aarzilli)
- 👉 Use sched.pc instead of gopc for goroutine location
- Exclude dead goroutines from
goroutinescommand output (@icholy)
- OSX: Fix error setting breakpoint upon Delve startup.
- 🆕 New command: 'frame'. Accepts a frame number and a command to execute in the context of that frame. (@aarzilli)
- 🆕 New command: 'goroutine'. Accepts goroutine ID and optionally a command to execute within the context of that goroutine. (@aarzilli)
- 🆕 New subcommand: 'exec'. Allows user to debug existing binary.
- ➕ Add config file and add config options for command aliases. (@tylerb)
- ➕ Add Go 1.5 to travis list.
- 💻 Stop shortening file paths from API, shorten instead in terminal UI.
- Implemented several improvements for
nexting through highly parallel programs.
- Visually align registers. (@paulsmith)
- 🛠 Fixed output of 'goroutines' command.
- Stopped preserving temp breakpoints on restart.
- ➕ Added support for parsing multiple DWARF file tables. (@Omie)
- 🆕 New command: 'list' (alias: 'ls'). Allows you to list the source code of either your current location, or a location that you describe via: file:line, line number (in current file), +/- offset or /regexp/. (@joeshaw)
- ➕ Added Travis-CI for continuous integration. Works for now, will eventually change.
- 💻 Ability to connect to headless server. When running Delve in headless mode (used previously only for editor integration), you now have the opportunity to connect to it from the command line with
dlv connect [addr]. This will allow you to (insecurely) remotely debug an application. (@tylerb)
- 👌 Support for printing complex numeric types. (@ebfe)
- 🗄 Deprecate 'run' subcommand in favor of 'debug'. The 'run' subcommand now simply prints a warning, instructing the user to use the 'debug' command instead.
- All 'info' subcommands have been promoted to the top level. You can now simply run 'funcs', or 'sources' instead of 'info funcs', etc...
- ⚡️ Any command taking a location expression (i.e. break/trace/list) now support an updated linespec implementation. This allows you to describe the location you would like a breakpoint (etc..) set at in a more convenient way (@aarzilli).
- 👌 Improved support for CGO. (@aarzilli)
- 👌 Support for upcoming Go 1.5.
- 👌 Improve handling of soft signals on Darwin.
- 📦 EvalVariable evaluates package variables. (@aarzilli)
- Restart command now preserves breakpoints previously set.
- Track recurse level when eval'ing slices/arrays. (@aarzilli)
- 🛠 Fix bad format string in cmd/dlv. (@moshee)