Command Line User Interface (Console UI inspired by TurboVision) with built-in theme support.
clui alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Advanced Console UIs" category.
Alternatively, view clui alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of clui or a related project?
Command Line User Interface (Console UI inspired by TurboVision) with built-in theme support. Please see screenshots of working examples at the end of the README.
go get -u github.com/VladimirMarkelov/clui
The current version is 1.2.1. Please see details in [changelog](./changelog).
Applications that uses the library
- Terminal FB2 reader(termfb2): https://github.com/VladimirMarkelov/termfb2
- Getting started
- Layout manager
- Basic standrd control methods and properties
- About Windows
- Predefined hotkeys
The list of available controls
- Window (Main control container - with maximize, window order and other window features)
- Label (Horizontal and Vertical with basic color control tags)
- Button (Simple push button control)
- EditField (One line text edit control with basic clipboard control)
- ListBox (string list control with vertical scroll)
- TextView (ListBox-alike control with vertical and horizontal scroll, and wordwrap mode)
- ProgressBar (Vertical and horizontal. The latter one supports custom text over control)
- Frame (A decorative control that can be a container for other controls as well)
- Scrollable frame
- CheckBox (Simple check box)
- Radio (Simple radio button. Useless alone - should be used along with RadioGroup)
- RadioGroup (Non-visual control to manage a group of a few RadioButtons)
- ConfirmationDialog (modal View to ask a user confirmation, button titles are custom)
- SelectDialog (modal View to ask a user to select an item from the list - list can be ListBox or RadioGroup)
- SelectEditDialog (modal View to ask a user to enter a value)
- BarChart (Horizontal bar chart without scroll)
- SparkChart (Show tabular data as a bar graph)
- GridView (Table to show structured data - only virtual and readonly mode with scroll support)
- LoginDialog - a simple authorization dialog with two fields: Username and Password
- TextDisplay - a "virtual" text view control: it does not store any data, every time it needs to draw its line it requests the line from external source by line ID
The main demo (theme changing and radio group control)
The screencast of demo:
The library is in the very beginning but it can be used to create working utilities: below is the example of my Dilbert comix downloader:
CLUI is dual-licensed under MIT OR BSD-2-Clause
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the clui README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.