Command Line User Interface (Console UI inspired by TurboVision) with built-in theme support.
clui alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Advanced Console UIs" category.
Alternatively, view clui alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
bubbletea9.8 6.6 clui VS bubbleteaA powerful little TUI framework 🏗
termui9.7 0.0 clui VS termuiGolang terminal dashboard
Rich Interactive Widgets for Terminal UIsTerminal UI library with rich, interactive widgets — written in Golang
gocui9.5 0.0 clui VS gocuiMinimalist Go package aimed at creating Console User Interfaces.
color9.3 3.5 clui VS colorColor package for Go (golang)
termbox-go9.1 0.0 clui VS termbox-goPure Go termbox implementation
lipgloss9.1 2.2 clui VS lipglossStyle definitions for nice terminal layouts 👄
go-prompt9.1 0.0 clui VS go-promptBuilding powerful interactive prompts in Go, inspired by python-prompt-toolkit.
tcell8.9 8.9 clui VS tcellTcell is an alternate terminal package, similar in some ways to termbox, but better in others.
pterm8.8 7.7 clui VS pterm✨ #PTerm is a modern Go module to easily beautify console output. Featuring charts, progressbars, tables, trees, text input, select menus and much more 🚀 It's completely configurable and 100% cross-platform compatible.
bubbles8.7 6.2 clui VS bubblesTUI components for Bubble Tea
progressbar8.7 5.3 clui VS progressbarA really basic thread-safe progress bar for Golang applications
tui-go8.5 0.0 clui VS tui-goGo UI library for building rich terminal applications.
asciigraph8.3 0.0 clui VS asciigraphGo package to make lightweight ASCII line graph ╭┈╯ in command line apps with no other dependencies.
termdash8.3 5.3 clui VS termdashTerminal based dashboard.
uiprogress8.2 0.0 clui VS uiprogressA go library to render progress bars in terminal applications
mpb8.2 5.8 clui VS mpbmulti progress bar for Go cli applications
uilive7.9 0.0 clui VS uiliveuilive is a go library for updating terminal output in realtime
termenv7.7 0.0 clui VS termenvAdvanced ANSI style & color support for your terminal applications
aurora7.6 0.0 clui VS auroraGolang ultimate ANSI-colors that supports Printf/Sprintf methods
go-isatty7.1 7.2 clui VS go-isattyisatty for golang.
go-colorable7.1 2.7 clui VS go-colorableColorable writer for windows.
uitable6.9 2.7 clui VS uitableA go library to improve readability in terminal apps using tabular data
simpletable6.3 0.0 clui VS simpletableSimple tables in terminal with Go
termtables6.3 0.0 clui VS termtablesA Go port of the Ruby library terminal-tables for simple ASCII table generation as well as providing markdown and HTML output
chalk6.2 0.0 clui VS chalkIntuitive package for prettifying terminal/console output. http://godoc.org/github.com/ttacon/chalk
GCli6.0 7.1 clui VS GCli🖥 Go CLI application, tool library, running CLI commands, support console color, user interaction, progress display, data formatting display, generate bash/zsh completion add more features. Go的命令行应用，工具库，运行CLI命令，支持命令行色彩，用户交互，进度显示，数据格式化显示，生成bash/zsh命令补全脚本
yacspin6.0 2.1 clui VS yacspinYet Another CLi Spinner; providing over 80 easy to use and customizable terminal spinners for multiple OSes
tabular5.9 0.0 clui VS tabularTabular simplifies printing ASCII tables from command line utilities
tabby5.7 0.0 clui VS tabbyA tiny library for super simple Golang tables
go-colortext5.4 0.0 clui VS go-colortextChange the color of console text.
cfmt4.0 0.0 clui VS cfmt:art: Contextual fmt inspired by bootstrap color classes
marker3.0 0.0 clui VS marker🖍️ Marker is the easiest way to match and mark strings for colorful terminal outputs!
table2.7 1.3 clui VS tablepretty colorfull tables in go with less effort
ctc2.6 0.0 clui VS ctcConsole Text Colors - The non-invasive cross-platform terminal color library does not need to modify the Print method
colourize2.4 0.0 clui VS colourizeAn ANSI colour terminal package for Go
go-ataman1.7 0.0 clui VS go-atamanAnother Text Attribute Manupulator
go-palette0.9 10.0 clui VS go-paletteDecorate your terminals using Palette 🎨
crab-config-files-templatingDynamic configuration file templating tool for kubernetes manifest or general configuration files
gommon/color0.2 - clui VS gommon/colorStyle terminal text.
Access the most powerful time series database as a service
Do you think we are missing an alternative of clui or a related project?
Command Line User Interface (Console UI inspired by TurboVision) with built-in theme support. Please see screenshots of working examples at the end of the README.
go get -u github.com/VladimirMarkelov/clui
The current version is 1.2.1. Please see details in [changelog](./changelog).
Applications that uses the library
- Terminal FB2 reader(termfb2): https://github.com/VladimirMarkelov/termfb2
- Getting started
- Layout manager
- Basic standrd control methods and properties
- About Windows
- Predefined hotkeys
The list of available controls
- Window (Main control container - with maximize, window order and other window features)
- Label (Horizontal and Vertical with basic color control tags)
- Button (Simple push button control)
- EditField (One line text edit control with basic clipboard control)
- ListBox (string list control with vertical scroll)
- TextView (ListBox-alike control with vertical and horizontal scroll, and wordwrap mode)
- ProgressBar (Vertical and horizontal. The latter one supports custom text over control)
- Frame (A decorative control that can be a container for other controls as well)
- Scrollable frame
- CheckBox (Simple check box)
- Radio (Simple radio button. Useless alone - should be used along with RadioGroup)
- RadioGroup (Non-visual control to manage a group of a few RadioButtons)
- ConfirmationDialog (modal View to ask a user confirmation, button titles are custom)
- SelectDialog (modal View to ask a user to select an item from the list - list can be ListBox or RadioGroup)
- SelectEditDialog (modal View to ask a user to enter a value)
- BarChart (Horizontal bar chart without scroll)
- SparkChart (Show tabular data as a bar graph)
- GridView (Table to show structured data - only virtual and readonly mode with scroll support)
- LoginDialog - a simple authorization dialog with two fields: Username and Password
- TextDisplay - a "virtual" text view control: it does not store any data, every time it needs to draw its line it requests the line from external source by line ID
The main demo (theme changing and radio group control)
The screencast of demo:
The library is in the very beginning but it can be used to create working utilities: below is the example of my Dilbert comix downloader:
CLUI is dual-licensed under MIT OR BSD-2-Clause
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the clui README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.