Jocko alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Server Applications" category.
Alternatively, view Jocko alternatives based on common mentions on social networks and blogs.
Do you think we are missing an alternative of Jocko or a related project?
Kafka/distributed commit log service in Go.
Goals of this project:
- Implement Kafka in Go
- Protocol compatible with Kafka so Kafka clients and services work with Jocko
- Make operating simpler
- Distribute a single binary
- Use Serf for discovery, Raft for consensus (and remove the need to run ZooKeeper)
- Smarter configuration settings
- Able to use percentages of disk space for retention policies rather than only bytes and time kept
- Handling size configs when you change the number of partitions or add topics
- Learn a lot and have fun
- [x] Producing
- [x] Fetching
- [x] Partition consensus and distribution
- [ ] Protocol
- [x] Produce
- [x] Fetch
- [x] Metadata
- [x] Create Topics
- [x] Delete Topics
- [ ] Consumer group [current task]
- [x] Discovery
- [ ] API versioning [more API versions to implement]
- [ ] Replication [first draft done - testing heavily now]
Hiatus Writing Book
I’m writing a book for PragProg called Building Distributed Services with Go. You can sign up on this mailing list and get updated when the book’s available. It walks you through building a distributed commit log from scratch. I hope it will help Jocko contributors and people who want to work on distributed services.
- How Jocko's built-in service discovery and consensus works
- How Jocko's (and Kafka's) storage internals work
├── broker broker subsystem ├── cmd commands │ └── jocko command to run a Jocko broker and manage topics ├── commitlog low-level commit log implementation ├── examples examples running/using Jocko │ ├── cluster example booting up a 3-broker Jocko cluster │ └── sarama example producing/consuming with Sarama ├── protocol golang implementation of Kafka's protocol ├── prometheus wrapper around Prometheus' client lib to handle metrics ├── server API subsystem └── testutil test utils └── mock mocks of the various subsystems
$ go get github.com/travisjeffery/jocko
$ cd $GOPATH/src/github.com/travisjeffery/jocko $ make build
(If you see an error about
depnot being found, ensure that
$GOPATH/binis in your
docker build -t travisjeffery/jocko:latest .
See [CONTRIBUTING](CONTRIBUTING.md) for details on submitting patches and the contribution workflow.
Jocko is under the MIT license, see the [LICENSE](LICENSE) file for details.
*Note that all licence references and agreements mentioned in the Jocko README section above are relevant to that project's source code only.