spotify alternatives and similar packages
Based on the "Third-party APIs" category
Do you think we are missing an alternative of spotify or a related project?
Simple Go library for the Spotify Web API
go get github.com/rapito/go-spotify/spotify
- Get Requests
import "fmt" import "github.com/rapito/go-spotify/spotify" ... spot := spotify.New(clientID,clientSecret) result, _ := spot.Get("albums/%s", nil, "0sNOF9WDwhWunNAHPD3Baj") fmt.Println(string(result))
- Check out the examples folder for simple usage.
- Read some of the tests at spotify_test.go for more examples.
- You may fork this library and modify it as you please.
- You can make a pull request and I will be happy to check it out and merge it.
- If you find a bug, create an issue and I will do my best to fix it (someday).
Right now this API version can only make successful GET requests since it just authenticates the application and not an specific user. This means you can use limited endpoints of spotify WEB API, as documented on their web page:
The access token allows you to make requests to the Spotify Web API endpoints that do not require user authorization such as the Get a track endpoint...
To see which endpoints you have access to, check out spotify web-api documentation.
While I was on my go-trip to create this api, I found some awesome libs/links which made my life easier. Check them out, hopefully they'll do the same for you: